11/14/17

Glory for the JC blog

Hi everyone, I've got 2 different cards on the Joy Clair blog today.  It's new release month and I'm showcasing 2 of the newest stamp sets - Born is the King and 3D Christmas Pointsettia.


 The Born is the King stamp set contains 5 phrases, a dove and assorted leaf branches.


I wanted to keep the card fairly simple to focus on the phrase so, using pattern paper from my stash, I matted it with navy cardstock.  I wrapped a ribbon around the center before adding the panel to the card.  The phrase was stamped on white cardstock, die cut it, then added to a coordinating scalloped die cut which I then added to the card with foam adhesives.


Finally I stamped and fussy cut the dove, adding it to the corner.  To finish, I tied Whisker Graphics twine to the ribbon.

My next card using the lovely 3D Christmas Pointsettia stamp set.  This set consists of assorted sized pointsettia petals as well as leaves, berries and 7 different phrases.  You can mix and match the stamps to create a wide variety of cards.


I began by stamping assorted sized pointsettias on red cardstock in gold ink.  Next, I embossed them with clear embossing powder.


I stamped and fussy cut additional pointsettias.  Then I stamped Merry Christmas in black ink and also embossed it.  After die cutting, I matted it with a larger die then stamped some leaves in green ink.


I added the smaller fussy cut pointsettias to the card with brads then added the panel to the card.  Merry Christmas was then added to the card with foam adhesives. 



What do you think of the new stamp sets?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment