9/2/17

Flower Planters with Proxxon Tools

Hi everyone, I'm on the Proxxon blog today with these fun planters.

I had a couple small boxes in my stash and thought they'd make perfect little planters for my patio.



I began by sanding each box with the Delta Sander.  Next, I used  FolkArt Brushed Metal paint, painting one with Brushed Copper and the other with Brushed Antique Gold.  I painted 3 coats on each, sanding between each layer.

I used a FolkArt stencil, selecting one of the designs, I painted it with FolkArt Color Shift paint in Green Flash.





To create drainage, I used the Precision Rotary Tool to drill holes in the bottom of each planter.  This is such a handy tool to have.


Next, I used a larger drill bit to drill holes in the sides of each planter.  This way I can hang the planters if I decide to.



I'm thinking these planters can double as bird feeders during the winter.



The planters look so pretty filled with flowers and sitting on my patio. 



I can't wait for the flowers to fully bloom.


Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment