3/1/17

Joy Clair March Challenge





It's a new challenge at Joy Clair and we are taking inspiration from this photo.  This photo screams spring so I decided to use the Butterfly Kisses stamp set. 


I wanted a water color effect, so I pulled out Faber Castel Gelatos and scribbled them on white cardstock.


To blend the colors, I used a baby wipe.  Next, I stamped the Butterfly stamp lightly in gray ink on the background.  I wanted a very subtle look.


After reinking the stamp with black ink, I stamped the butterflies again. You can still see the faint traces of the first stamped images.

Hello is also from the Butterfly Kisses stamp set. I stamped Hello on white cardstock then punched it.  The scalloped oval was punched from a scrap of the water colored paper.

Stop by the Joy Clair blog to see what the other designers have created.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the background you created with your gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous bacgkround with gelatos! LOVE those pigment sticks :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique to use a baby wipe. Some yummy, yummy rich color too! :)

    ReplyDelete